Q: What does it mean if the Low Tire Pressure Light on the dash comes on?

What does it mean if the Low Tire Pressure Light on the dash comes on?

Your car is equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS). It checks that each of your tires has the right amount of air. If it notices a drop in pressure, it will turn on the Low Tire Pressure Light on the dash of your car. Note that the light should also come on briefly when you crank the engine, and then go off again.

Tips

• You’ll see both the Low Tire Pressure Light and the TPMS Light if you are driving with the spare tire on.

• If you see the TPMS Light instead of the Low Tire Pressure Light and the spare is not installed, it means there’s a problem with the system itself, not low air pressure in a tire. Have it inspected as soon as possible.

3. What does it mean if the Low Tire Pressure Light on the dash comes on?