Q: Air not working after alternator repair

My air stopped working after getting my alternator repaired.

There is a chance that the electrical connector that goes to your AC compressor may have gotten disconnected while the alternator was being worked on; it is in close proximity to the alternator and may have been bumped. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to come and check over the AC system in your vehicle to make sure that the problem is not something more major. If the problem is just with the connector that goes to your AC compressor, then it shouldn’t take very long to get your AC working again.