Q: Van overheating when idle and ac is on

When the van is idle or in park and the ac is on, it starts to overheat. The temperature would go down if I turned the ac off. Now it doesn't matter if the ac is on or off. When idling and or stopped, it overheats.

You need to open the hood and with a/c on and engine running see if the cooling fans are coming on. If not then system will need additional diagnosis to see if fan motors are bad or the control system for the fans are at fault. If fans are running then you may have issues with low coolant from a leak or the cooling system needs checked for proper coolant flow.

3. Van overheating when idle and ac is on