Q: Chrysler Sebring 2005 overheating

asked by on March 20, 2018

I just changed my thermostat and my Chrysler Sebring 2005 is still getting hot when it is idling.

Hi Richard. Thanks for contacting us tonight. There are several reasons why your Sebring is still overheating after replacing the thermostat. The first item that comes to mind is that the coolant may not have been properly primed, which can create air bubbles inside the coolant system and cause overheating. The second thought is that an obstruction exists in either the heater core or the inner coolant tubes. It’s also possible that another cooling system component is damaged as well. You should probably have a professional mechanic complete an overheating inspection to determine why you’re still having these problems so the right repairs can be completed.