Q: How much ground clearance will decrease and cornering will increase by upgrading from 175/65R14 to 185/60R14 and why?

How much ground clearance will decrease and cornering will increase by upgrading from 175/65R14 to 185/60R14 and why ? Is GC decrease will be equal to sidewall height decrease or much more. Or I should go for 185/65R14 how much cornering will be affected? Pls explain why

When understanding tires, you have to configure the size and dimentions of the tread, side wall, construction, and rim. The following is the break down of the tire size:

175/65R14

• The 175 is the width of the tire in Millimeters
  • The 65 is the percentage of the tire side wall compared to the width
  • The R stands for Radio Construction Design
  • The 14 means that the tire will mount to a 14 inch rim

For the tires that you are changing, first of all you are putting on tires that are 10 mm wider with an aspect ratio of 60% or 111 mm of 185 mm. The tires being removed are 10 mm thinner with an aspect ratio of 65% or 113.75 mm of 175 mm. If you were to put on 185/65R14 tires, your tires would be 10 mm wider than what is on there and an aspect ratio of 65% or 120.25 mm of 185 mm. I recommend sticking with the 185/60R14 tire size. The vehicle will only be 2.75 mm shorter and the closest to the match. This will not make much of a difference in the height and the speed. You will have to measure the distance with the tires to the frame and struts or shocks. If you need further assistance with your tire change, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. How much ground clearance will decrease and cornering will increase by upgrading from 175/65R14 to 185/60R14 and why?