Q: Car won't start after someone tried to steal it

I can't start my car. Someone messed with the steering column when they tried to steal my car.

Two systems in the column need to work for the engine to start. The ignition switch, and the anti-theft system. Your car has some version of the Passlock anti-theft. The ignition switch reads a specific resistance of your key and tells the PCM it’s ok to start the engine. This is easily broken. Another thing to check is for blown fuses. When certain parts are broken in an attempt to start the car, it can cause the ignition circuits to short. Repairs and replacements will depend on how much damage was done and where. I would recommend having a mechanic come and inspect your starting issue in order to have the right repairs done.

3. Car won't start after someone tried to steal it