Q: Check engine and cruise control lights come on simultaneously

My "check engine" light came on, and also the "cruise control" light. My mechanic thought it was a sensor, so he replaced that. But now the same lights are flashing. What should I do since my mechanic doesn't know what it is? Can you help me?

Hello. When the Check Engine Light comes on, it disables the cruise control. I would need to know the code to be able to tell what may be going on. I typically start by scanning the computer for codes to see what the computer is saying. From there, I would test whatever system is acting up.

The most common I have seen is a coil issue or a transmission temperature sensor - but without the codes it is hard to tell. If you want to have it looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your Check Engine Light and determine what needs repair.

3. Check engine and cruise control lights come on simultaneously