Q: White smoke under hood on the passenger side when idle 2003 infiniti g35 coupe

When can is idle or after running for a bit, white smoke appears coming from under the hood. Checked the brakes and that's not the issue but it is on the passenger side. Once the hood is opened white smoke is not apparent.

Hi There, The white smoke may be a couple of different possibilities, depending on the kind of white smoke. If this is more of a steamy white smoke, this may indicate an overheating problem which may be causing the coolant to be turning to a white smokey vapor due to being burnt in the engine. If it is a thicker white smoke, this may suggest potentially melting wiring or an electrical problem causing something to burn. Due to the potentially dangerous potential of an electrical problem, I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. White smoke under hood on the passenger side when idle 2003 infiniti g35 coupe