Q: No crank no start this it’s ignition switch

asked by on March 26, 2018

I have a 99’ Nissan Maxima GLE I noticed a little over a week ago that when I put my key in the ignition that none of the dash lights come on, it did a no crank no start on me, after a few try’s I finally got the dash lights to come on and the normal 5 beeps from the security system and it started up. I did notice on two different days (day 1) that the security light didn’t come on at all, and (day 2) that the security light stayed on. (normally blinks) well today after coming home from work and picking up my oldest son, it again did a no crack no start, but a loud grinding noise in and around the steering wheel column, but also sounded like it was coming from one of the relay fuses in the inner fuse box. The inner dash lights were so dimmed I could barely tell they were on, and the door lights and ignition ring light were doing a weird blinking. I’ve checked the normal Fuses that would cause a no crack no start. Along with the battery cables etc. I am at a loss, please help

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Jaclynn. Thanks for contacting us today. Based on what you’re describing, it’s quite possible that you have a damaged ignition switch or faulty ignition relay. To know for certain, an on-site inspection by a professional mechanic can help diagnose this issue correctly.