Q: Car hesitates when accelerating, plus lurches & stalls

My SUV hesitated this morning when I was starting it to go to work. Later, when I was slowing down to make a stop, my SUV lurched. It also lurched when I was going in reverse. The dealership has not been able to duplicate the problem. There have also been a couple of times when it stalled as I was coming out from around a corner. It has also lurched at slower speeds under 20 mph. In addition, it hesitates when I am accelerating. Unfortunately, the dealership couldn't duplicate the problem, so I'm not sure what to do because this really needs to be fixed. What is your advice to find a solution for this lurching and hesitation in my SUV?

When faults are intermittent such as this, they can be much harder to diagnose. Especially if they do not leave a code of some sort. A few different components can cause this fault. The most likely would be a fuel issue, misfire, vacuum leak, MAF sensor, or a wiring fault. Your best bet may be to have a professional inspect the stalling issue in person. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose this fault and perform any repairs required.