Q: AC taking too long to cool. 2010 Honda Crosstour

asked by on August 31, 2016

About 3 weeks ago I noticed my air conditioner was taking longer to get cool. But this week it took about 15 – 40 minutes before it started to blow in cool air. While it was idling in traffic I could feel the car shimmy. Then cold air suddenly flowed into the car. Could this be a simple problem like the air conditioning needing to be recharged? Do you know what's wrong?

AC Recharge $224.56 - $255.84 Get a Quote
AC Compressor Replacement $672.08 - $2949.86 Get a Quote
AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $116.46 Get a Quote

Hello. It is possible that the air conditioning system needs a recharge. There could also be a problem with the air conditioning compressor in that it needs to be replaced or that it is clogged. If you’d like to have these faults verified, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the AC system and help follow through with the correct repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr