Q: AC taking too long to cool. 2010 Honda Crosstour

About 3 weeks ago I noticed my air conditioner was taking longer to get cool. But this week it took about 15 – 40 minutes before it started to blow in cool air. While it was idling in traffic I could feel the car shimmy. Then cold air suddenly flowed into the car. Could this be a simple problem like the air conditioning needing to be recharged? Do you know what's wrong?

Hello. It is possible that the air conditioning system needs a recharge. There could also be a problem with the air conditioning compressor in that it needs to be replaced or that it is clogged. If you’d like to have these faults verified, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the AC system and help follow through with the correct repairs.

3. AC taking too long to cool. 2010 Honda Crosstour