Q: Hi I have hummer h2 06 there is sign come on screen low oil pressure I changed sensor also changed fuil pump Engine runs smooth ha

asked by on August 13, 2017

Hummer h2 06 It has sign come and go oil pressure low I changed sensor oil changed fuil pump Engine runs smooth has no noice my mechanic said I need to change engine

Oil pressure can be tested and verified against factory specifications using an external pressure gauge, connected to a threaded access port on the engine block. If pressure measures normal, and the engine otherwise functions normally (adequate and even cylinder compression, etc.) then there is no need to do anything. However, if oil pressure is low, it is possible to install a new oil pump if the pump is defective but of course there is the possibility that the pressure is low due to excessive clearance in the engine bearings, that is the engine bearings are too worn. The recommended initial diagnostic to figure out what, if anything, in the way of repairs is required, is an oil pressure inspection/diagnostic. The responding mechanic will directly measure the oil pressure and let you know if any repairs are required. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.