Q: I got a warning that said hybrid safety warning do not drive

It jerks when you put it in reverse

Hybrid vehicles are quite complicated, and by nature, their control computers are also both complicated and somewhat intelligent. If your vehicle suggests to not drive it, it’s probably for a very good reason.

The symptom you described can be caused by a higher than normal idle speed in traditional vehicles. It can also be caused by low transmission fluid. I suggest checking your transmission fluid to make sure it is full.

Another possibility is that your electric motor is turning quicker than it should before you put it in gear. There are a few Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) that address harsh gear shifting and engagement. If you want to have this looked at by an independent mechanic, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the shifting issue.

3. I got a warning that said hybrid safety warning do not drive