Q: I have a front differential leak and I hear a whining noise when accelerating or decelerating.

i have a front differential leak and i hear a whining noise when accelerating or decelerating. differential fluid looked a little yellow can it be changed or does the seal or gasket need to be replaced and what is a fair price to do repairs

Hi there. The whining noise from the differential could be the pinion gears being worn out or the bearings to the cage could be worn out. As far as replacing the oil in the differential, it is best to replace the pan gasket and seal before putting in new oil, so the leaks will be fixed and the oil will be confined to the differential only.

Sent billing question to CS for cost of repairs to the differential.

• I have a front differential leak and I hear a whining noise when accelerating or decelerating.