Q: A/C blowing hot air after car battery dies

I took my car to a mechanic and asked him to check the A/C. I didn't see him check anything, although he put refrigerant and it did not work. He then told me that I needed to buy the A/C receiver. I'm not sure if I should because I read a lot of reviews and Honda seems to have an issue with the ac compressor/condenser

Hello, thanks for writing in. I have not seen an instance where just replacing the receiver drier has fixed any problems with this A/C alone. You may indeed have a problem with the condenser or compressor, as you mention. I recommend to first have a qualified mechanic diagnose the problem for you and have the mechanic show you what they found and why it is the problem. You may just have an A/C relay that needs replacing.

If you would like help, consider having one of our expert automotive technicians come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this A/C heating issue for you, and make any repairs (such as replacing your A/C condenser or A/C compressor) as needed.