Q: I haven’t had an oil change in the 2 years I’ve had my car, recently it has been over heating really easily, dying randomly, and w

I have never had an oil change to my knowledge, i recently put new antifreeze in and it still over heats and i lost power steering. My car randomly dies, violently shakes, and wont accelerate without jolting and slowly coming to a hault.

The overheating should be resolved first as continued operation of the engine while overheating can damage the engine. The most common causes of overheating include low coolant level (including that due to leaks), a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket, poor engine running condition or exhaust blockages can also cause overheating. If you desire that the overheating problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. Once the overheating problem is fixed, the engine running condition can be addressed, although prior to that you should request an oil/filter change. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I haven’t had an oil change in the 2 years I’ve had my car, recently it has been over heating really easily, dying randomly, and w