Q: Won't change gears p2768

I needed to get gas while I was driving on the freeway and took the nearest exit. When I started my car up again and began accelerating my car wouldn't change gears like usual. So I turned it off then back on and it ran like normal. I went to a mechanic the next day and got a p2768 code. I went to 3 mechanics and got a different story from each one. Can you tell me what’s wrong and how should I fix it?

Hello there, this is not an uncommon occurrence. The P2768 code is referencing a fault with the input speed sensor. When this occurs the transmission may suffer during gear changes since the car’s computer can not tell it when the best time to shift gears is. The most likely cause is a failed speed sensor, wiring issue, or low fluid level in the transmission. I would have a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the shifting issue thoroughly in order to safely get the car back on the road.