Q: 2001 Honda Accord, Rattle Noise from Under the Car.

I have a rattling sound that suddenly started under my car. It sounds like a metal rattle (imagine rocks in a can). But it only happens at low idle or RPM and seems to disappear when the car is at speed. No shifting problems, warning lights or other symptoms. Car actually runs great. The sound is coming from somewhere behind the engine, so I don't think it's the motor. Maybe it's an exhaust hanger or heat shield? I have no idea. Thanks.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It is very possible that the rattling noise is an exhaust bracket that has come loose which might be the source of the rattle noise. If your vehicle doesn’t shake, vibrate or is having any negative driving symptoms, it is most likely not a serious problem. However, it’s always a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection; so they can determine for sure what’s causing the problem and if it requires immediate service or repair.