Q: Transmission fault message when pushing gas pedal to floor, in addition to high-pitched sound.

asked by on December 22, 2015

Car is making a high-pitched sound that goes away after I start driving. Also, when pushing the gas pedal to the floor I quickly accelerate, a message appears saying transmission fault and it locks into third gear. If I turn off the car, the message resets and is not a problem with regular driving.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

As for the high pitched noise you may have a serpentine belt or belt tensioner that needs replacement. As for the transmission issue, these vehicles have electronic transmissions. With that considered there could potentially be an electrical issue within the transmission. I would recommend having your vehicle checked for other trouble codes that may be related. Have this done by a professional with an OBD2 scanner. If other codes are found that are relevant to the transmission issue the two codes together and your symptoms may shed some light to the technician as to what you issue might be.