Q: Car idling and running rough

At first my car would drop below the normal number of RPMs when you came to a stop before going back to normal. Now, the Check Engine light is on, and the car idles and runs extremely rough.

Hello, the engine is equipped with an electronic valve called an idle air control valve. The idle air control valve lets a metered amount of air into the engine at idle to have a comfortable idle and ensure the engine won’t stall. Since the Check Engine Light is on, the vehicle should be scanned for codes and data. The chances are high that the code is related to the low idle speed, which is related to the idle air control valve. If you would like to have this checked, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s rough idling issue.

3. Car idling and running rough