Q: Are Captivas are known for engine failure and gearbox box issues?

I was looking at buying a 2007 captiva but wanted to check if rumours are true that they have major engine failure and gearbox box problems

As with any vehicle, they are prone to mechanical problems and issues, even when properly maintained. However, as with anything else, if it is properly maintained, you will greatly enhance your chances of prolonging the life of the engine and the rest of the vehicle components. Before moving forward with a purchase, consider having an expert from YourMechanic come do a pre-purchase inspection to help you understand and spot existing conditions before you buy.