Q: Continuous clicking when pushing Start button

asked by on February 21, 2016

When I push the Start button, there is a continuous clicking sound, and the car won't start. Could it possibly be the capacitor, or spark plugs?

The problem is unlikely related to spark plugs or a capacitor. I would recommend having your battery tested, and replaced, if necessary. After your battery is replaced, your throttle should be relearned with a professional scan tool.

There is also a chance you may need a new starter, but it’s not common. An inspection from a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can help you determine the cause of your no start issue, and recommend the best path to repair.