Q: Loss of power steering at random times?

My car was appraised at my Ford dealer. When we got back in the car the steering wheel wouldn't move for a few seconds once it did we left. We were 1/2 way home (a 30 min ride) to stop at a stop. When we started the car again it did the same thing but longer. Never gave a message. On Sunday morning as soon as I got in the car it started chiming off. I turned the car then back on, it stopped. When I came from church 2 hrs later. it was completely gone. I called for today and they said that I have to test (which I understand) and fix but I believe that there was a recall on my car that I never got.

Hello. We’ll be happy to answer your question. The recall that you have not completed is most likely while your power steering has an intermittent failure. In may of 2015 Ford announced the recall of an estimated 400,000 models; 2011 to 2013 Fusion, Flex, Lincoln MKS, and Mercury Milan vehicles for a possible electrical issue that can lead to steering difficulties. You should set up an appointment with your most convenient Ford or Mercury dealership and have the recall done as soon as possible because driving with such a power steering malfunction is risky.

3. Loss of power steering at random times?