Q: Key stuck in ignition of 2001 Mercedes-Benz ML320

The key is stuck in the ignition, but the car won't turn on. the car alarm won't function either.

Hello. Most of the time, this is caused by a bad battery in the car. If the battery is low then this will occur. I typically start by checking the battery and doing a load test. If the battery is fine then the ignition may have failed, or it can be an issue with the shifter assembly. The key typically will not be released if the shifter did not fully go into park. If you are going to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose what is going on with your car’s ignition and have this problem resolved.