Q: Camry or Prius?

I'm needing to purchase a car, and am currently between a 2016 Camry and a 2016 Prius Two. I'm trying to do my homework on both, as far as estimates in costs of repairs, maintenance, fuel, etc. As a mechanic, is there one that you would recommend over the other, and why? I'm currently coming from owning a gas only SUV that has been giving me a lot of problems, despite having owned it for a little over 3 years.

Hi there:

Although Hybrid technology has improved greatly in previous years, the cost to maintain and repair is still not on par with fuel-only vehicles. I wouldn’t expect that fact to change anytime soon; so I’d recommend buying a Camry (gasoline powered) Toyota over a Prius all day long. Plus, the Camry has better handling, emergency braking and comfort than a Prius according to many professional reviews.

3. Camry or Prius?