Q: Rough idle and intermittent engine light on

Could this be the purge valve, the engine management light is going on and off

A: Hello there, many faults can cause a rough ...

Hello there, many faults can cause a rough idle and the Check Engine Light to be on with your 2007 Mazda 3.

The first course of action would be to check what code is stored in the ECU. This code will help determine what direction to go with diagnosis.

Some common causes of a rough idle are the spark plugs, coils, vacuum leak, oxygen sensors, exhaust leak, fuel pump, MAF sensor, or a wiring harness fault.

A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your rough idle and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.