Q: The transmission went out on my 2010 GMC Terrain, at 55,000 miles, with no warning. Last year, under a recall, I had the timing fixed.

All details are in my question above.

Hi there. With the limited detailed information that is provided about your situation, I can input that the transmission may have had a fluid leak or the vehicle was used for pulling a trailer that was overloaded. The transmission in your vehicle is designed to last up to 120,000 miles with normal driving conditions. Check the level of the transmission fluid and look for any signs of leakage. Also, listen for any noises that could come from the transmission that could be a slipping issue. If you need further assistance with your transmission not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• The transmission went out on my 2010 GMC Terrain, at 55,000 miles, with no warning. Last year, under a recall, I had the timing fixed.