Q: Car jerking at high temperatures

Car starst to jerk once it hits high temperatures, which starst with the TCS OFF light coming on. I have to restart the engine in order to drive again. The problem might revolve around the coolant temperature sensor that causes the computer to monitor the temperature and ignore the TCS, or it could be solenoid related.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

A lot of people have a misconception about traction control. Traction control is not a system of its own, it has no module no parts no wires. It is actually an agreement if you will between different systems on your car such as ABS, the engine control module, and transmission module in addition to the TPMS. Let’s say you start to go in a skid this is determined by sensors that are mounted at various points across your car that monitor the steering wheel position, wheel speed, and so forth. The ABS will apply braking at one wheel and may let another slip causing the engine to increase or reduce torque. The transmission will apply or release the drive to a wheel. In my humble opinion, this is the greatest safety advancement ever. Now, one of the downsides to this is, once a problem is seen in any of these subsystems it shuts the whole operation down. On some cars, even if you have the tire low in pressure, count on seeing that TCS Light on anytime that there is a problem. In your case, it sounds like your problem would be engine related. Also, the fact you can shut it off and restart with no problem is reason to believe that you may have a malfunctioning sensor. What would need to be done here is a complete scanning of all modules on your vehicle. I would have the mechanic inspect your car’s jerking issues carefully. Luckily, your computers store data when a fault occurs, so they should be able to pinpoint your problem.