Q: i have a 2017 Mustang V6 and i noticed that my automatic transmission fluid temp usuallly ranges between 190 and 203 degrees; is t

i have a 2017 Mustang V6 and i noticed that my automatic transmission fluid temp usuallly ranges between 190 and 203 degrees; is this normal? I usually do a combination of city / hiway driving and usually it takes about 30+ minutes to get to 190. I asked the dealership about this and they "think" its normal. Thanks

Hi there. Most modern transmissions on mild-performance cars like your 2017 Mustang will operate best when the internal transmission temperature falls within the range you’ve listed (anywhere from 180 to 210). The issue will come where you have inconsistent temperatures during the same use or application. For example, if you drove to and from work the same route two different days and one day the transmission temp was around 150 and the next day (with same conditions) it was around 210. This would indicate an obstruction inside the hydraulic lines and should be inspected as soon as possible. But, for what you’re describing, I think that’s well within tolerance.

3. i have a 2017 Mustang V6 and i noticed that my automatic transmission fluid temp usuallly ranges between 190 and 203 degrees; is t