Q: Car makes knocking noise

My car is making a knocking noise, and there is a loud vibration.

A knock is never good to hear on a car and could mean catastrophic failure in the engine. It could be something simple like something coming loose and knocking in the engine compartment, but it could also be something as bad as a main bearing that has spun and caused there to be no oil flow to the pistons which can wear the rod bearing down to nothing. I would have a technician come out and inspect where the noise in coming from and have them determine what the solution will be.