Q: My truck won't stay started

Truck stalled while driving. The vehicle cranks, but doesn't start. After sitting for a few days, the truck will start, but sputters, and then dies. I opened the gas cap and it idled for two minutes before dying again. It wouldn't restart after that.

Hi there. It sounds as if you are experiencing an obstruction in the fuel delivery system. A loss in compression after your vehicle has warmed up can also cause this issue. I’d strongly suggest having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the stalling problem that your vehicle is encountering.