Q: gears not shifting

I had some transmission work done on my Hyundai Azera. I went to pick it up and drive it home. On my way home I noticed a little skip whenever I pressed lightly on the gas. When I finally got home the clutch wouldn’t let me put it in park. It would only go up to neutral. It was only working between neutral and drive. Once I parked the car it wouldn’t shift at all. It would only go into reverse, and reverse was the only gear that showed up on the dashboard. What could be wrong? I just had the transmission worked on in the repair shop.

Hello! Being that it would not shift gears at all it could be an issue within the shift linkages. If the transmission was just serviced and you are experiencing transmission issues so soon after, I would take it back to the shop that performed the work. I know they probably have some type of warranty for the transmission service you paid for.

If you’d like a second opinion on this, have a qualified mechanic perform the necessary checks to pinpoint the issue with your gears.