Q: How do the driving assist systems work?

How do the driving assist systems work?

The car is equipped with driving assist systems to help provide protection and increased performance.

1. Antilock Brake System or ABS – this system helps prevent the wheels from locking up when you press on the brakes or when you drive on a slippery or wet surface and apply the brakes.

2. Brake assist – this system kicks in when you press down on the brake pedal with a need to stop quickly. It provides more braking force.

3. Vehicle stability control or VSC – this system helps to reduce skidding when the driver swerves or turns on a wet or slippery surface.

4. Traction control or TRAC – Assists with maintaining power while preventing the wheels from spinning when starting or accelerating on slippery surfaces.

5. Electric power steering or EPS – an electric motor is used to reduce the effort needed to make turns

6. Blind spot monitor or BSM – you can view a small mirror to see in your blind spot before switching lanes and reduce the chance of an accident.

3. How do the driving assist systems work?