Q: Problem with door locks

My key unlocks and locks my doors, but the 'door open' light stays on for the driver's door, when the door is closed and even when locked. How can I fix this myself?

A: At first I was going to guess that the door...

At first I was going to guess that the door ajar switch had failed. However, if that were the case, your interior lights would also stay illuminated. I can’t find a reliable wiring diagram for your vehicle, but I believe the problem is with your door lock module. This module is actually attached to the door latch assembly and is responsible for sensing when the door is either open or closed. The module is buried behind the driver’s door panel and it’s not a task I would recommend tackling yourself. A professional, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to access the door lock module and handle this job for you.