Q: Clicking sound appears during decelerating. What could it be?

I have no vibrations and the front Drive Shaft has been replaced. There is no noticeable play in the front end and the CV's don't present and signs of wear. When I decelerate I here a ticking that sound like a card in bycicle spokes. It sounds like it's coming from the transfer case area and goes away as soon as I touch the gas pedal. It makes the sound in any gear and in neutral. So I jacked the passenger front tire off the ground and rotated it back and forth and found a clicking at the output shaft of the transfer case. What could be some things I should look at.

A: Hi there. What you could be hearing is the...

Hi there. What you could be hearing is the chain in the transfer case. If the chain has too much play, then the chain will rub on the transfer case housing when not under a load. Try going up a steep hill. If the noise is present under load, then the chain is stretched. I recommend replacing the chain in the transfer case if its rubbing the housing. If you need further assistance with locating the clicking sound, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.