Q: Lexus IS200 Sometimes Won`t Reverse

Hi, I have a 1999 Lexus IS200 which sometimes Won`t go into reverse but once i took it out a drive then it could reverse. I did send my car for a transmission oil change only thinking it would solve the problem but a few days later the problem came again. What could possibly cause this and what should I do.

My car has 198000+km milegae

The transmission not going into reverse until the transmission fluid warms up is most likely due to leaking internal pressure seals are bypassing fluid until it warms up. This will require the transmission to be rebuilt and all seals replaced and clutches inspected or replaced at the same time.

3. Lexus IS200 Sometimes Won`t Reverse