Q: Service ABS System, Traction Control System and Service Stability System

asked by on September 21, 2016

I began to get the warning light of “service ABS system” and also the "service traction control system" warning message. Plus, the warning light “service stability system.” When these come on, they always come on at the same time. As the owners manual states, I shut off the engine and then restart my minivan which causes the lights and messages to temporarily go off. However, they always return. I have found other incidences like mine in online forums. What needs to be done to fix my minivan?

Hello. These systems are interconnected, since both of them can control individual wheel brake functions when operating. It is likely that one of the speed sensors are failing. To have this verified, have a qualified professional, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the warning lights, pinpoint the fault(s), and make necessary repairs.