Q: Why are my wipers going off when I turn the turn signals on?

When I turn my left/right turn signals on, my wipers will frequently turn on as well.

Hi, thanks for writing in. It appears that there may be an issue within the column. The controls for the wipers and turn signals are separate units, but are connected by a series of wiring within the column, and there may be an issue with one of the controls, or within the wiring. A certified mechanic will need to perform some diagnostic work to narrow down exactly what is causing the issue. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.