Q: deep vibration that is felt through the steering wheel, gas pedal and throughout the body. Also feels like back end sways, front

going around 30 through the neighborhood a shake can be felt from the car, get up to 40 mph and it feels as though the wheels are loose and may shimmy off at any point. Getting up to highway speeds the back end will move side to side while the front remains straight ahead. It sometimes feels as though the front end is very light and the ability to steer becomes increasingly difficult. Cars behind me immediately bail out of my lane and avoid at all costs. Occasionally when coasting to lower speeds sounds and feels like the wheels are making contact with the body and grinding until it resets. After making a turn and the front wheels aligning with the road, the back end continues to drift forcing a wider turn because of centripetal force.

Hello. Though this can be caused by a number of things, the most common on your car is a bad engine mount. It is very common for multiple mounts to fail, but the most common is the front mount. When these mounts fail, the engine is not held firmly in the engine compartment which causes shaking and vibration. It can also be a bad axle or transmission. I typically start by inspecting and removing the mounts to see if they are broken and replace them as needed. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s vibration issue and perform any repairs that are needed.

• deep vibration that is felt through the steering wheel, gas pedal and throughout the body. Also feels like back end sways, front