Q: Throttle position sensor needs resetting

The ESP light is coming on in my car and I am getting no throttle response. It appears to be the throttle position sensor. I've tried resetting to the original specifications. but have not had much luck.

A: The ESP system may have a bad ground on the...

The ESP system may have a bad ground on the left hand shock tower causing the problem to happen intermittently. I recommend seeking a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come and test your vehicle for you and remove, clean, and re-connect the ground. They should then clear the codes and check the ESP for operation. If needed, they can replace your throttle position sensor for you.