Q: Car runs rough - 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood

Until recently, my car ran fine. The other day, it began shuddering a bit during acceleration. Then it was all fine until yesterday. I was bringing the car to a halt at the traffic light, and it began idling rough. This rough idling continued as I accelerated and the car kept running rough. This now happens each time I drive the car. I had the oil changed some days ago. The dashboard isn't showing the check engine light illuminated. What should I do?

Hi! Sometimes a bad spark plug wire can result in what you are experiencing. If your vehicle is due for any scheduled maintenance (based on mileage), such as a tune up (new spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor), fuel filter, etc., now would be the time to have that performed as it may be the root cause of this issue. If your vehicle is not due for any scheduled maintenance, diagnostic tests would usually include checking fuel pressure and the ignition system for reliable spark to all 8 plugs. The distributor used on your Cadillac has been known to have had problems and could cause the symptoms you describe. I recommend having the vehicle inspected and tested to ensure that the correct repairs are made.