Q: My daughter's check engine light came on with a code of P1004 on a 09 Dodge Charger. We changed the short runner valve, the light

My daughter's check engine light was on in her 2009 Dodge Charger and the car gave a code of P1004. We bought and new short runner valve and replaced it, had the engine light turned off, the engine light stayed off for a couple of days but it came back on today. What does this mean?

The short runner valve actuator that you replaced is just the electric motor that moves the short runner valve to its correct position. However, the problem is likely that the valve itself within the intake is sticking. Using an appropriate spray solvent (carburetor cleaner) you have to spray inside the plenum while turning the valve (tab) back and forth. Eventually it will free up. It’s also possible that the short runner valve harness is open or shorted or that the short runner valve circuit has a high resistance electrical connection. My guess though would be the valve itself is stuck as that is very typical. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a runner control diagnostic repair and cleaning and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

• My daughter's check engine light came on with a code of P1004 on a 09 Dodge Charger. We changed the short runner valve, the light