Q: It won't shift out of second gear.

A friend of my ex changed some thing to do with the oil. Now my car won't shift out of 2nf gear. My ex thinks the guy must have knock a wire loose that goes to the transmission sensors. Were do we start looking.

It sounds like you may have a failing speed sensor. The transmission speed sensor is a magnetic sensor that provides this information, allowing the transmission to shift smoothly. The sensor counts the internal number of revolutions of the transmission and transmits that information to the transmission control unit, where the data is used to determine the rotational speed. As the rotation increases, the control unit directs the changing of gears. When this is not working properly, this may cause the transmission to shift erratically or in some cases not at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.

3. It won't shift out of second gear.