Q: Gas not getting to the engine

asked by on February 02, 2016

The car does not start when you turn the key. It seems like the gas is not getting to the engine.

An easy way to test for a failed fuel pump is to have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, spray a little bit of starting fluid into the vehicles intake and try to start it again. If this starts it for a second or two, you can be pretty sure it’s fuel-related. After verifying fuel is the problem, the next step would be checking fuel pressure and making sure the fuel pump is providing flow.