Q: Gas not getting to the engine

The car does not start when you turn the key. It seems like the gas is not getting to the engine.

A: An easy way to test for a failed fuel pump ...

An easy way to test for a failed fuel pump is to have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, spray a little bit of starting fluid into the vehicles intake and try to start it again. If this starts it for a second or two, you can be pretty sure it’s fuel-related. After verifying fuel is the problem, the next step would be checking fuel pressure and making sure the fuel pump is providing flow.