Q: Truck keeps turning off after 10-20 mins of driving and when its at low idle. Not sure why?

My truck popped up a P0340 sensor in which was a camshaft position sensor. The sensor is bult into the distributor so we replaced the whole thing, but still turns off. Any ideas? The distributor is OEM from Nissan and no other codes are popping up. The distributor was placed correctly so we're sure its not that again.

Hello. P0340 is the trouble code for an issue with the vehicle’s camshaft position circuit. The circuit includes the sensor built into the distributor, as well as the wiring that carries the signal to the computer. If the distributor is new then it may be possible that the issue is with the connector or wiring to the sensor. I would test and inspect the wiring and connector to the distributor see if there may be any breaks, or perhaps excessive resistance that is throwing off the signal. If the wiring checks out then it may be possible that the computer is faulty, though not likely.

• Truck keeps turning off after 10-20 mins of driving and when its at low idle. Not sure why?