Q: I have a 99 Chevy Tahoe and when I was driving it got hot real fast and turn off and when I tried to start it up it turned off

asked by on June 16, 2017

When I was driving my truck got got hot and turned off and when I turned it back on it stayed on as long as my foot was on the gas but then it dies what should I do

Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello there. I think we answered your question a few minutes ago, but if not - here is what we suggested. It’s quite possible you have two separate things going on with your Chevrolet. First, if the vehicle gets really hot quickly, this might indicate a problem with a thermostat or water pump that is not working correctly. However, if it starts fine but shuts off quickly as well, that could be related to fuel system components being dirty or clogged with excessive debris like mass air flow sensor, fuel injectors, idle control valve or the throttle body. It might be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car starts then dies inspection to determine what’s happening with your Tahoe.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr