Q: How many quarts of transmission fluid goes in a 2006 Grand SXT Caravan

I recently changed my transmission fluid & filter I only put 4 quarts of atf4 oil into the van. It seem to drive but stalls before the next gear what is my problem?

The initial fill on your van should be 4 quarts, however the total capacity on this van (41TE transmission) should be 9.7 quarts. If the transmission is low on fluid, this will definitely cause it to hesitate when shifting from one gear to the next. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the van to be sure we have correctly identified your transmission before adding additional fluid.

3. How many quarts of transmission fluid goes in a 2006 Grand SXT Caravan