Q: Front belly pan has come loose and is dragging on the road. Plastic bolt fastenings are ripped. Its a Nissan Maxima 2015

asked by on October 03, 2017

Drove the car into a high kerb while making a right turn to park. There was a noise. Reversed, parked and inspected car. No apparent damage. When driving back heard something clattering dragging on the road. Got home and saw that the front plastic under the car( engine cover, belly pan) has come loose. The bolts are shot but otherwise it's intact. Can't get it to adhere coz the plastic is torn where the bolts attach. How can I put the thing back in place? Tried a plastic glue gun but it didn't work. I'm a mom with 2 small kids so need the car fixed asap. Not sure if I should contact Nissan dealership

Hi Moushumi. Thanks for contacting us today. These front belly pans are very poorly made, as this problem happens all the time. In fact, it happened to me recently in Las Vegas with a rental car. The solution is not repairing them - but to replace them; as you’ve indicated, the nylon snaps are vital. Instead of a dealership, I would recommend contacting a local auto body repair shop, as they would likely be able to replace it for less cost.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr