Q: why won't the transmission cooler fittings fit into the same holes I removed them from???

I purchased a used radiator for an automatic transmission and thought that I could simply plug the cooler fittings, so I removed the fittings and found a way to plug them. I have tried to screw them back into the spots I took them from, but they aren't even the same size as the hole.

I am wondering if there is a nut or something on the inside of the radiator that I am unaware of.

I'm not sure how to go about this.

Hi there. The fittings that you removed attach to the cooler that is on the inside of the radiator for the automatic transmission. When you remove these fittings the cooler can fall back into the radiator and this eventually causes a coolant leak. If you cannot get the fittings back on then you will need to replace the radiator as there is no way to get this back in line and tightened up without it leaking. You may want to consult the shop where you got the parts from - they may be able to provide extra fittings of the correct size.

3. why won't the transmission cooler fittings fit into the same holes I removed them from???