Q: Car starts, but dies.

Driving to work and vehicle dies in the middle of the road. Try to start the vehicle but nothing.. Then got the car started to where i can move it to a safe spot.. Have tow truck come get the vehicle. Take it to mazda and they though it was the mass air flow sensor. But they were wrong, took them a day of tinkering with the car to figure that out. Then they call me saying that it could be the ECU the put the part in today and get the car set to where they want it and still starts and then dies. The vehicle isn't taking the new ECU. So, they are having a hard time figuring out whats going on with the vehicle.

I think you probably have a bad alternator. If you car starts, it’s not the ECU. It could be the mass air flow sensor(MAF) but that has already been eliminated. You could have a clogged fuel filter which means it’s starving for fuel. The way to check this is opening the fuel line before you get to the fuel rail and see if it comes out. BE SAFE! Don’t have the line pointing toward your face. You may also want to check the throttle body to ensure that the butterfly valve is opening and closing. I’m sorry that I can’t narrow it down more for you but I hope these suggestions help. If you need help, YourMechanic offers a repair and diagnosis service preformed by a certified mechanic that will commute to your location to inspect your starting issue.

3. Car starts, but dies.